Monday 7 April 2008

Namrin in Maroon 5 Concert

Hello everybody,

I like this slogan, 'For music and sports, we're always ready' But only Thais knows this slogan I think because I literally translated from the old "Brand" TV ads ;-) For the past 3-4 years, I showed you the albums of Real Madrid in Bangkok and Tennis Thailand Open 2007. I went to see Liverpool too but that was 6-7 years ago before I met some of you guys. This time I will take you to the other side.

Music is an international language. I also like this phrase. Last month, I went to see a concert. I'm not sure whether you guys know Maroon 5 but don't worry if you have never heard of them before. I know a few friends around my age who don't know this band. So it's not like you are outdated or anything. It's just "where have you been?" :-D (just kidding)

Hopefully, you may have heard some of these songs: This Love, She will be Loved, Sunday Morning, Wake Up Call and Make Me Wonder. I attach 2 singles in the case you are really really not into today music.

Maroon 5 is not my favourite band ever, in fact. Yes, I like their music very much but the reason I HAD TO see them live because I have missed many concerts before such as Black Eye Peas, Beyonce', Keane, and even a big concert of Thai singers, Asnee & Wasan. So I felt that I couldn't miss this one. For those concerts I mentioned I couldn't go because it's a clash of work and play or none of my friends was interested in. But this time, I met someone who made me so grateful that she was willing to go with me. However, this is just the beginning of the story.

This person is also my workmate at L'Oreal. She believed that she could get a couple of free tickets as we (Lancome) deal with many agencies. Instead of buying the tickets right away, we waited until the last week. While I texted (SMS) for ticket lucky draw, she called our agencies whether they have the sponsor tickets available. (Lancome got 2 free tickets for Christina Aguilera's concert 3 months earlier). At the end, luck was not at our side. We ultimately bought 2 tickets. Not too bad. We got 15% discount. But that's not it!

This concert turned out to be the most expensive concert in my life when I found out my digital camera was broken after the concert just started!!! :-O Did you hear what I just said? It was broken before the concert started! I was so so soooo disappointed and sad. This camera had traveled with me from Sydney to Egypt ...actually until Singapore. My heart was broken. Anyway, can't blame noone but myself. I realised I didn't wait until the camera lens closed properly before I put it in its pocket. So the lens couldn't open no more. It seemed something inside was clinched and broken. Two weeks after that, I went to Nikon office to check how much for the repair cost. And guess what, it's one third of the camera price!! which meant I shouldn't get it repaired but buy a new one. A month later ...which is now ...I still found it very hard to accept this and now I borrow my brother's camera from time to time.

For this photo album, thanks (P') Nu who not only did accompany me but got a camera!! Excellent! Therefore, this photo album I dedicate to her

Oh, I added one video (vdo) clip in the album. I'm not sure whether it will work or not. I just know that it took quite some time to upload. The quality is not that good but be able to see sth going on. Feel free to comment on this.

Lastly, if you couldn't come up with what is supposed to be my birthday's gift, I just gave you a clue :-)

Namrin
PS. I can't attach 2 songs. It's too big. Here is the link for "Make Me Wonder" (love it!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjcxQUiEFQg

Link Version (1 vdo clip + 10 photos)
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/namrinb/Photo%202008/Maroon%205%20in%20BKK/?albumview=link