Sunday 3 August 2008

Namrin searched her soul in Seoul #4

Anyong Haseyo!

An-yong Ha-se-yo means hello or good morning/afternoon/and evening in Korean language. We have been here for 3 days. We're supposed to know it, right? :-D

I have 2 albums again. The major one is over all about day 4. The minor one is the view of Seoul from the direction to your city. It means if the world is flat, I will see your country of this angle. Check them out! I think I don't miss anyone's city, if it is not a part of my photos, probably means that it just wasn't stated on the window.

Our last day started with being very Korean by wearing a Korean traditional dress, Hanbok. It's very colourful when you see the photos. I could be a Korean, hey! After taking photos with friends, we changed to normal clothes and joined the kimchi class. We were at the kimchi school. I have recorded a video about how to do it too. You can see the third link I attache here.

After that, we went to see a Amethyst Jewelry shop. According to the guide, Amethyst is the popular jewelry for Korean and there is also a belief that it will bring you good luck too. Therefore, it is a good chance offered by a tour company to take us to this place. I'm sure the guides will get some commission from us if the shop could sell something to the tourists they brought. Majority of us just window shopped and so did I. In fact, I was not allowed to take the photos but I pretended I didn't understand English very well so I got 3 photos to show you how Amethyst looks like. LOL They can be used as a jewelry on rings and/or earrings and/or other accessories. The Amethyst in its shell that you see cost like USD 20000 or more...I started to forget the figures. Maybe I have to add one more zero!!!

Later on, we climbed up to see the city view of Seoul at N Tower. In detail, pls go to the "Views to your cities" album. Seoul from bird's eye view is beautiful. I'm impressed with its landscape. From different windows, you will see different views and on each window your city is noted. So it's like you are seeing Seoul from the direction of your city. I think it's a creative idea. I really like it :-)

Lunch time. We had a special meal, Chicken Porridge with ginseng. To explain this more clearly, we basically had one little chicken in our bowl and the chef put rice and small pieces of ginseng inside. Ginseng is something I don't like. The smell is too strong and even in a super hot rice soup like this. I can still smell and feels its taste. I finished it all because I told myself I was having a medicine. It will help me to look 5 years younger!!

The sightseeing is over. And now we moved on shopping part. We went to town and the guide gave 2 hours free time or so. We were dropped at Miangdon market. There are loads of things. Most of us, women, are interested in clothes, cosmetics, and women accessories. I think this place supplied us quite well. Korean fashion is quite popular for young Thai people nowadays since the invasion of Korean TV series/drama. For people who were not keen on that stuff, the guides also took them to the supermarket to buy different gifts and souvenirs.

At last, we arrived at Incheon airport which meant it was time to say good bye to South Korea . I personally wished it to be longer. I still wanted to travel more but tomorrow’s morning I have to work straight away so I could only wish.

Before ending South Korea trip,
there are a few points I’d like to make. It’s what I observed and want to share with you. You may think it’s rubbish though, lol.

  1. South Korea only process VISA on arrival. So you do not need to apply for VISA before you go. However, there’s a chance that you have to fly home right away after you arrive if the custom officials disapproved you. Oops!!
  2. South Korea is one of developed countries. I said this because only developed countries that provide you toilet papers every where you visit. Need a proof? Japan , South Korea , Australia , and Singapore have the same practice. Thailand , China , Egypt , and Nepal share the similar practice--bring your own papers. My own theory though. You can advise me if I’m wrong. Hahaha!
  3. I wonder whether Korean guys are more romantic than other East Asian guys or not. I’ve never been to Taiwan yet. But in Everland, there are MANY couples and families that wear the same top or the same pattern of t-shirts with different colours or sth like that. I know people in other countries do this too but here there are loads! It looks very sweet.
  4. I observed that not many Western travelers in Seoul...and probably other parts of South Korea too. I hardly saw Westerners at the airports. I think there are more Asian tourists but not so many still. Therefore, don't worry if South Korea is not in your top list of travelling destinations. You are just like the other people from other parts of the world I guess, hahaha!
Namrin searched her soul in Seoul. She might not meet her soul mate or the truth of life during South Korea trip but those are her findings. Therefore, her journey will keep going. Next stop, we will be back on Namrin's track...a trip in Thailand :-)

Namrin
PS. There are 2 albums with 1 video clip.

Day 4
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/namrinb/Photo%202008/South%20Korea%2013-16%20June/SK%20Day4/

Views to your cities
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/namrinb/Photo%202008/South%20Korea%2013-16%20June/SK%20Day4/Views%20to%20your%20cities/

Video: How to make kimchi
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/namrinb/Photo%202008/South%20Korea%2013-16%20June/SK%20Day4/Kimchi%20Class/