Friday 15 August 2008

Namrin with her Japanese friends-BKK tour

Hi, everyone.

I'm so lazy to write a travel diary LOL. I think hard to make it more entertaining but I think I would fail because I would write too long story again. I have an idea of a new way to present my travel diary. Just hope that it will work!?? Only you can tell though....

I have 2 friends from Japan visiting Thailand and me for their first time. I love it!

Namrin: Hi, Wakaho.
Wakaho: Hi, Namrin. It's so nice to see you. This is Masanobu.
Masanobu: Hi!
Namrin: Hi, Masanobu. Remember me? We met last year when I went to err...Takaasaki.
Masanobu: Yeah, yeah I remember you! (Laughing)
Wakaho: No, actually it's Gunma Prefecture. Takaasaki is the station you got off.
Namrin: Ah, right.. (hahaha)

N: OK, first stop we gonnaxz go to Vimanmek Mansion. Let's hail a taxi!

Arrived at Vimanmek Mansion
N: Oh! Hang on! I'll speak to the officials a bit.
(Speak Thai) N: What?!? It's closed today? But you open on the weekend, don't you?
Officials: Yes, 'Mam but Today is a public holiday. We open everyday including the weekend but we close on public holiday. Sorry.
Namrin turned to Wakaho.
N: Oh no... Sorry Wakaho. It's closed today. Today is a public holiday for government sector. I didn't know it closed on a public holiday.
W: Don't worry, Nam.
N: What a lousy guide I am! Sorry ...well we go to the temple then. I'll add another nice temple in, ok?
W: That sounds good, yeah. (Speak Japanese to M to explain what is going on)

--Transport time--
N: OK guys. Here we are at Benjamabopit Temple. In English you can call Marble Temple. You can see the main hall is made from white marble................
-- Photo time--
W: Oh, this is very nice. I love the red bridge. Let's take a picture together.
-- Photo time--
M: It's good here but hot (sweating)
N: Which means we have a good weather! LOL

--transport time--
N: This is Golden Mount. We have to climb up a bit to see why it's called like that. OK?
W: Yep. But Nam, it isn't that far, right?
N: No, no. It's really walkable!
W: (speak Japanese to M)
--walking time--
W: Finally !! Oh, this is so big so GOLD!
M: So hot too.
N: From here you can see BKK's view as well.. (Pointing in different directions). You know some ppl come here and they donate..................
-- Photo time--

N: Wakaho. Masanobu. From here we have to walk a bit to the next temple but it's very near. And from there you will see it clearly why this place is called Golden Mount.
--walking time--
-- Photo time--
N: Now we are in front of Ratchanatda Temple. This temple was built by King Rama III and ............ ....... Let's go inside!
W: This is cool. You know even when we're at the 3rd floor, I still feel like I'm on the first floor.
M: Yeah
N: That's because the way it was built and design I guess. It's like 2 buildings together, one covering another one inside. Look at this pole it's not.......................................
W: Hey, that's Golden Mount. Oh, it really looks like a mountain from here (Smiling)
M: I'll take you a photo.
-- Photo time--

N: Are you hungry?
W: yeah a bit. He's more hungry than me. (hehe)
N: Let's have lunch then.
--lunch time--

N: This is Wat Suthat (Wat = Temple) or the full name is Suthatwararam Temple. It has absorbed some influence of Chinese architecture but there are still many Thai works if we go inside the main hall.............
W: Nam, I like it here.
N: Really? Tell you what. This is not the best yet. LOL
-- Photo time--

--Transport time--
W: This is Wat Pho, right?
N: That's correct! Wat Pho is very important and it's just behind the Grand Palace and the temple of Emerald Buddha where we will go on Sunday. Wat Pho or the official name is Prachetuponwimonmangklaram Temple. It used to be...........................
-- Photo time--

--Dinner time--

Saturday in Ratchaburi
Sunday in BKK again

W: Oh, it's rainning.
M: Umbrella? We've got it!
N: Too bad but it's not too hot, you know. Great! Everyone dresses properly. Let's go!

At the Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha Temple
N: Actually, the King and the Queen don't stay here. They stay at Chitlada Palace that the taxi passed by this morning. However, they actually rotated their stay..................
W: Which King is in the throne now? sixth?
N: No, it's Ninth. King Rama IX. Oh, you have to pay for the entrance fee too. It's 300 baht per person?!! Oh, it's 50 baht increase from last year. Sorry about that. Two tickets, please.
W: How about you?
N: No worries. I'm a citizen. I have already paid tax. I don't have to pay again LOL!

While getting through the entrace, a male Westerner with his son was complaining to the officials.
A Thai official: Sorry, can't go! Wrong pants. Sorry. Please change.
A male Westerner: What? I cover my legs to toes. Why can't I get in?
A Thai official: Sorry, sorry. Wrong pants. No no!
A male Westerner: I don't understand. This is Sarong. Don't you know Sarong? What's wrong with you?
Namrin: Ahh... sorry about that. You can't wear Sarong. You need trousers.
A male Westerner: Why?
N: It's too casual. Sorry but we consider it inappropriate. This is the King's palace.
A male Westerner: But it covers my legs. This is strange! (Shaking his head and getting upset)
N: Yeah, it's strange. That's why you're here. Sarong wear is too casual. It looks like you go to the beach and it's not a Thai dress. It's Myanmar traditional dress. Sorry about that...
I didn't listen to what he said next because I just realised where were my tourists??!! LOL
-- Photo time--
-- Wandering around--
-- Photo time--

W: Can we go back to the hotel to get changed?
N: Sure! Then, we go for lunch.
M: Okay.

--Change to lighter clothes--
--Lunch time--

N: Chatuchak weekend market is not far from my place. We can walk to get there.
W: Oh, good!
M: Yeah, Okay!
--Walking time--
N: We will have one round around the market and walk until 6 O'clock. If you want anything, pls let me know. So we can negotiate the price. There are a lot of things and there are a lot of same and different things. If you want sth and the price is good, just buy it because we may not be able to come back to the same spot again! I experienced this before. There are thousands of shops here.
W: Wow! This is huge! I can spend a whole day here! (hahaha)
M: Yeah but it's very hot.
N: Use my fan, then. :-)
--shopping time--
--wandering time--

W: Have you got a call from your dad?
M: Yes, we will meet at the Silom Complex and go for dinner together
N: Sure! No problem. :-)
M's dad: Hi. Sorry I'm late. It's because of the bus was stopped by flooding in Laos.
N: Oh, really? Sorry about that. But you're here now. I hope you like the restaurant.
M's dad: Yes, I like it very much. It's very nice to meet you too. I appreciate that you..............................
W: .........
M: ...........
N: ..............
M's dad: ........
--chatting time--
--dinner time too--

--bed time--

See you in Ratchaburi!

18-20 July 2008
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/namrinb/Photo%202008/Thailand%20trip%20with%20Japanese%20friends%2017-31%20July/Bangkok%2018%20n%2020%20July/