Monday 25 August 2008

Namrin with her friends-Koh Pha-Ngan

Hello, all.

You may notice I don't say my Japanese friends in the subject because my Thai friend joined this tour too:-) I'm so proud to be a guide for my Thai mate! Manisa or for short, Aom, is my long-time friend since undergrad life. Actually we went to the same high school too but I didn't know her well at that time.

Some of you may need to learn a few Thai words. I hope you still remember; Wat = Temple
New words of today are
Koh or Ko (G sound) = Island(s)
Khao or Kao (K sound) = Mount or Mountains
Haad (similar to 'hard' sound) = Beach
And more importantly you should be able to say "Sawasdee krub" for men speakers or "Sawasdee ka" for women speakers. Sa-was-dee = Hello

Only Oam and I stayed at Koh Pha-Ngan. Before and during this time, Wakaho and Masa wanted to try Phuket so they were on their own for 3-4 days.

Our plan:
Thursday 24th
20.00: The VIP bus leaves the South Station to Koh Pha-Ngan


Friday 25th
12.00: Arrive at Koh Pha-Ngan.
We met a Western travellers who said that the storm is coming for next 5 days. I and Aom's faces were pale. To break the silence, I told Aom and said "don't worry, Aom. I bring my own sunshine. We are gonna be fine."

13.00: Check in at the bungalow

14.00: Lunch
I thought the beach was rather quiet. I told Aom that tonight it would have a half moon party I thought it was gonna be more crowded here. It seemed so different from the full moon party. And I told Aom that the beach we are staying, Haad Rin is the most famous beach of Koh Pha-Nga beacuse they hold the full moon party here. But the half moon party will be held in a jungle.

15.00: Beach time....take a nap, sunbath, read, play games, etc.
It was cloudy at first but finally the sun came out!) Like I said, I brought my own sunshine hahaha!

19.00: Dinner time

20.00: Go for Thai massage

22.00: Meet up with other travellers and the hotel boy drove us to the half moon party

23.00: Sitting boringly! It's NOT in the plan!!
Aom said this party was pretty quiet. She thought it's because of rainy reason. I told her I had no idea. We set the time that at midnight we would go back to the hotel. The floor had too much space. We didn't know where ppl were!

24.00: Midnight. I and Oam are leaving the party but apparently hundreds of ppl just arrived.
What the ??? And Oam and I laughed. So the party started midnight! It became packed now but since we were too early so we were tired! We got back to the hotel. Okay, I'm a terrible tour guide! But next time, I won't miss it! hahaha


Saturday 25th:
10.00: Breakfast at the bungalow
Oam and I observed one thing. We are the only 2 Thais at this bungalow if we don't count Thai staff!! We weren't sure we were still in Thailand LOL! On the bright side, good time to practise English! hehe

11.00: Sightsee at Haad Rin Nai which is the other side of Haad Rin (Nok) where we are staying.
Oh MY GOSH!! We were little shocked when we saw the beach because the beach is dirty. It's not full of human garbage but natural garbage. Lots of rotten branches, leaves, some dead shells, etc. The beach is longer than Haad Rin Nok but it was narrower and less clean. Luckily I didn't choose to stay here. We walked further to see the ferry pier. This is the place we would take the ferry to Koh Samui in the afternoon
Walkd back to our Haad Rin. Nicer but it was very cloudy now.

12.00: Prepare to check out
Oops! Heavy rain. Rain likes cats and dog. Is that the correct expression? We had to wait for nearly 2 hours before it became shower. We had late check-out!

15.30: Get on the ferry
As it was still storming, the waves were big. The ferry was turbulent so I was kinda have seasick. Thank Buddha! We haven't had lunch so nothing came out from my mouth. The other side of our seats there were two young Western ladies putting their head down. I spoke to Aom to look at them and said that they shouldn't have done so, they would throw up. After 30 seconds, they vomited on the ferry!! Yuck! I glanced at them and I had to turn my face away quickly because that stimulated me to do the same thing. I put my face up- I needed some fresh air! Help me!!

16.00: Arrive at Koh Samui
After a slight seasick I had, I got refreshed after stepping on the islands again, the pearl of the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Samui.

17.30: Check in at the hotel

19.00: Pick up Wakaho and Masa at the pier and had dinner

20.30: Come back to the hotel and go to bed

Tomorrow Oam and I will have a day tour to Angthong Islands National Park:-) Pls stay tune!

25-26 July 2008
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/namrinb/Photo%202008/Thailand%20trip%20with%20Japanese%20friends%2017-31%20July/Koh%20Pha-Ngan%2025-26%20July/