Thursday 30 April 2009

24

(Inspired from the series 24)
The last 24 hours before I caught a flight to Australia. This is one the longest days in my life!

1st hour: 20.00-21.00 Came back outside after buying contact lens and medicine for my friends. Chatted with T-bone on via MSN for a bit

2nd hour: 21.00-22.00 Continued packing (I started in the late afternoon) and I realized my stuff was everywhere in the room. Chatted with Peggy a bit.

3rd hour: 22.00-23.00 Kept packing and throwing stuff away. Getting very stressed that my luggage is too small for my things….I mean important things!

4th hour: 23.00-24.00 Removed some stuff out of my luggage and told mum that she needs to send me some packs after I arrive in Australia :-P

5th hour: 24.00-1.00 I was not getting anywhere. Copied files and pics into my external harddisk drive. Feeling tired after a long long busy day which was finally over!

6th hour: 1.00-2.00 I just realized I needed a larger luggage. I can’t fit my things into the small size of trolley bag. I underestimated myself lol. Anyway, I tried to remove more of my stuff.

7th hour: 2.00-3.00 Packing and rearranging my stuff again. Took more clothes out.

8th hour: 3.00-4.00 Gone to bed

9th hour: 4.00-5.00 Work up because I thought sth could be done better and went to bed again

10th hour: 5.00-6.00 Sleeping

11th hour: 6.00-7.00 Got up and decided to keep my office outfits at home for now. Met T-bone online and he told me to count each thing I need to limit my stuff. Anyway, I need more than 3 t-shirts hey!

12th hour: 7.00-8.00 Got back to bed for half an hour and I got up to pack again because TV sound was very loud so it was very disturbing.

13th hour: 8.00-9.00 Sleeping

14th hour: 9.00-10.00 Slept until 9.30 and pushed myself to take a shower and collected the leftover of my toiletry into my luggage.

15th hour: 10.00-11.00 Went out to buy a new luggage. I was hesitate between size 24” or 28” I wanted 26” but it’s not available in a soft case version.

16th hour: 11.00- 12.00 Came back with 24” by hoping that I could limit the weight of what I’d bring.

17th hour: 12.00-13.00 Put my things into the new luggage and went out again to exchange the last amount of AUD I wanted. Unfortunately it’s 0.10 baht more expensive than yesterday! And the place who gave me yesterday rate didn’t have AUD cash today. How unlucky! P’ Pocky called me for a proper goodbye.

18th hour: 13.00-14.00 Came back home to re-arrange my stuff a bit and that’s it!

19th hour: 14.00-15.00 Having lunch after all. Refresh myself and put make up on a bit. Relaxed and worried the total weight of my luggage. I have 3 kinda big bags and 2 hand-carry bags! Decided to go to the airport early just in case I have to re-pack

20th hour: 15.00-16.00 Mum drove me to the airport. Sin was with me too. Mai went to the airport separately. I was nervous because Mum drove very slowly like 60-80km/hr. Ployed called.

21st hour: 16.00-17.00 Arrived at the airport at 4.30PM and met our relatives, one of the families who came to pick their daughter who works as a flight attendant. Jackpot!!! My luggage is 12 kgs overweight to be precise! I definitely need to remove something out otherwise I have to pay 1,000 baht/kg (AUD40/kg). That is really a penalty fee, not a shipping fee!

22nd hour: 17.00-18.00 Removed a lot of stuff out. Got rid of a backpack. So I had only 2 big bags now with 2 hand-carry bags! Ploy arrived at the airport with her boyfriend. Finally 10 kgs were gone but oh o..the key of the lock has gone. I couldn’t find it but after checking, I think dropped it in my luggage. However, too late! Mai broke the zipper. How Brilliant (silly)! :-P

23rd hour: 18.00-19.00 Tried to weigh my luggage again even I had 2 kgs excess. Anyway, I passed. (YEAH!!) Technically I had 2 kgs over on my hand-carry bags too hush-hush! Got the bracelet gift and a box of custard tart from Ploy J Saying good bye to my family and Ploy.

24th hour: 19.00-20.00 Called my friend Sanjeev who was supposed to show up. He said it was a dayoff for him (May day). Boooo! Got the last call from my aunt Yi. Luckily, she called me today otherwise she would miss it. I didn’t seriously tell her when I was going to leave because I didn’t want to bother her to send me at the airport. Suvanhabhum Airport is very far.
Bought a bottle of drinking water and chilled out at Gate E1 by eating custard tarts. Getting excited and smiled to myself. Stress free for now. Gee! I’ll be in Sydney in 9 hours. I’ll meet Jo at the airport as to our latest plan :-P I felt a mixture of happiness, calmness and excitement after all was set. Ten to eight was the time to get on board on EK418, seat No 46B.

See ya in Australia, mates!