Sunday 8 February 2009

I've got Work and Holiday Visa










................................

I think it is time to speak about this. I've received the email from Australian visa centre on Thu 5th Feb which the email was sent on Tue 3rd that I've been granted a Work and Holiday Visa to Australia. I almost cried, to be honest. I was extremely delighted. I wanted to text to a few friends but it was late in Australia. However, I decided to text to one friend whom should know the most in my opinion. It was 1AM there. I hope it didn't bother you :-^ I'm sorry if I did. Then, I left messages to a few closed friends both Thai and non-Thai friends. I think I should call my mum but I thought I'd better wait to tell her in a person. It was 9PM-ish. She was coming home soon.

Next, I called one of my workmates about this news because we work in the same functions and division even though it's different brand, I think she is supposed to know as a friend. She had no clue and pretty shocked. However, she wished me luck. I hoped to tell my manager next day. (Friday)

I informed my senior manager while my direct superior left to home early. Perhaps it's not exactly appropriate but I think I had to tell senior manager ASAP because my absence will affect our logistics team so much as we are moving to a new role of working. I wish they can find someone very soon. My resignation would be effective on 30th April (if I don't change my mind) but in the last 2 weeks I will take my dayoffs so it's only about 2 and half months to go. Still a lot of things I have to sort out and do before my departure both for work and for personal life. It's not very long but for me, it is long enough to wait for my flight, probably on 1st May to Sydney!

My new adventure is about to begin!

P.S. I haven't had time to pick up the document yet! Will do this week!