Tuesday 24 March 2009

Koh Chang with my brothers and Tip

I finally arranged a weekend trip to hang out with my 2 younger brothers. I personally think we should do this before we're too grown up and too busy to travel together. And in a month, I'm going to Australia for at least 1 year so this is the offer they can't refuse (hahaha!) Note: we also have an invited guest who is my first brother's girlfriend, Tip.

We drove to Trad, the very eastern province of Thailand to take a ferry to Koh Chang (Elephant Islands). This is the first time we get there by ourselves so we a bit struggle. However, Tip has a few friends who've been here often so we check the road by a map and by phone! LOL

At first we arrived at the wrong pier (Oops!!) so I took a few photos as a good memory hehe (first 3 pics). At the wrong pier, my youngest brother, Mai, thought that it would be cool to take a photo with the Eastern Apex sign so he suddenly got off the car. My first brother, Sin, saw that so he drove to park the car besides a giant coach. We assumed that when Mai turned around, he would find that we left him behind, LOL! Damn it! Mai could guess the prank so you could see him making a victory pose while I hid to take him a panic-faced photo!! :-D I'm a great sister you see!

OK, even though we lost, we caught the ferry in time and arrived at Salakphet Seafood and Resort 45 mins earlier than the half-day snorkelling trip. So we had to rush to have lunch and checked in. I also didn't miss the chance to introduce you our accommodation (by photo). This is a 4-bedroom which cost 2500 baht per night (about AUD 100/night). Our accommodation is in Fisherman area so you can see that this place also have natural pools for fishes and crabs. Cool!

Our first day of snorkelling at Koh Wai was OK! Koh Wai is a small island near Koh Chang. It's about 45 mins by boat. The snorkelling spot isn't as colourful as Koh Tao to be honest but only 6 hours away from BKK (including ferry) I think this is the best you can ask for. After that, we had snacks on the boat and headed to Koh Laoya which is famous for swimming, sunbathing and beaching. I had a nightmare here about 10 years ago. I fell off the wood bridge at Koh Laoya!! I (again) and Tip went to the bridge and we both were safe this time :-D Phew...

After got back from a half day trip, we just realised nobody brought playing cards and then they started blaming me! That's what wonderful brothers do, right? LOL Anyway, Mai prepared a game which I don't know how to call...sth like tower I guess so we played that for a few rounds until we starved enough. We had dinner at our place because it's not only a resort but also famous as a seafood restaurant :-)

On the 2nd day, we had a full day trip (9AM-5PM) to Koh Rang. We visited the islands around Koh Rang which are Koh ThongLang, Koh Yak Yai, and Koh Yak Lek. Then, we stopped by Koh Wai again for an afternoon break. Today's snorkelling was quite awesome. It's more colourful and had a lot more to see than Koh Wai. Unfortunately I didn't bring my silly underwater camera with me. That was quite a big mistake :-S

There was a bit of rain at Koh Thong Lang (1st dive of today) but you know I always bring my own sunshine so after half an hour or so, it's gone. And the rest of the day was bright enough to give me a bit of suntan :-D

Sin realised we almost ran out of petrol so he had to fill up the tank a bit and we found that the petrol price on the islands is about 10 baht more expensive than the mainland. (25->35 baht/litre) And I took a bit of gas station photo just for my own memory!

We left Koh Chang in the morning because Sin had a meeting with his classmates and his lecturer in Monday evening. Our trip was safe but we got 2 tickets from the police -_-" ....and I'm writing this for our own records! hehe

Next trip is during 10th-15th April to Surin Maritime National Park, the best snorkelling site in Thailand....oh I can't wait :-) I wish I could take you with me

Namrin

Photos (more photos than Facebook): http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/namrinb/Photo%202009/Koh%20Change%20with%20bros%20and%20Tip%2021-23%20Mar/