Monday 19 January 2009

Adverse economy

I don't mean to lecture you about how "prosperous" current global economy is at all. It's just at work, today, our MD gave his speech and greeted "Happy New Year" to everyone officially and we also listened to a speech from CEO from the video. Both things lasted like an hour....including other extra things in between. After that, I actually feel a bit discourage rather than motivated. How strange! I'm a self-motivated person. Maybe I need to be motivated from other people. Anyway, it doesn't mean that our big boss didn't encourage us but I think it just didn't work with me :-S

I think people in general (not only the management at work) talk about the decline of economy too often until I feel like we say it until we will become like it or we are like it but we say it worse than it actually is! If I was in other business, I may probably feel different. So I think we should look at the bright side and try to seek for opportunities which are obviously there or hidden there. We'd better be positive but of course, positive on realistic basis. Cheer up, people!

I managed to pick up my bank statement this morning. What's next? I'm looking for a cheap and better mobile phone than the one I'm using. I have used this one for 4 years already so you can imagine how OLD it looks and I'm afraid it's gonna be broken soon. Hopefully not but I'm afraid so. lol

Apart from a mobile phone, yep, a laptop. One of my workmates would like to sell one because she said it was kinda slow when booting stuff. I told her how about 10K baht ($285/EURO 212/ GBP 192/AUD 400 for est. current exchange rate against Thai Baht) She was quite shocked by the price I offered because when she bought it 2-3 years ago it was about 40,000ish baht. (time 4, please) Anyway, I told her it's better than sell it as a junk. She will bring it to the office tomorrow as she would an MIS member to check why it works so slowly. If it is slow, I think I get a chance to ask for more discount. LOL It's only 60GB and I don't know about other details of its capacity yet. ...still it's better to have one when you WANT one! hehe

See you tomorrow, maybe.