Wednesday 19 August 2015

Day 19 : 14 Aug 2015

1) I'm happy that I helped hitchhikers when I was traveling in France. I once hitchhiked when I was in Israel. The guy didn't even accept the money I offered. It's not a very far ride after hailing for many cars, I know hitchhiking is not easy. From that moment, I swear to myself if I saw anybody needed a ride, I will try to help them. Therefore, I did help 3 travelers when I was traveling in France.

2) I'm happy that I got to take care of my grandfather because he passed away. I didn't volunteer for it but I was glad I did it. I didn't complain that I had to sacrifice my free time to watch him in the hospital. I know I did the job for my parents who were busy working so I was a representative of my parents.When he passed away early in the morning, I think I was the last person that saw him (and he saw me). It was sad but I felt good being a good granddaughter for once for him.

3) I'm happy that I have helped out tourists in Thailand, esp. Bangkok. I'm not talking about my friends who visit Thailand or the visitors who want to meet me here. I really mean random tourists out there. I think that when I travel, I might need similar helps so I start helping out a little bit with the bus or the map even before I travel a lot like this. I remember when I was in high school, I wanted to help tourists but my English was not good so I got so excited that I couldn't figure out the right words. Moreover, I didn't know Bangkok that well back then. These days, I just say hello to tourists and offer them my help LOL!