Wednesday 5 August 2015

Day 7: 2 Aug 2015

1) I'm happy that I learn how to play tennis. At first, I learned it because my mum thought I was the weakest person in our family as I often got sick whenever we traveled. I learned it the hard way thanks to my dad who was my first coach. It was not fun practising with him. At one point, I was being trained with a few other coaches but practice was not fun. The play for health became the play for victory less than a year. Instead of me liking it, after the first tournament, 3 competitions I started hating playing. I didn't like practising at all. I can't play with my friends much and my friends played without pressure because they didn't have to join any competition. After the second year, I quitted. However, some of the skills stick with me up to today and I play tennis once a week just for fun and personal improvement. I feel much easier :-)

2) I'm happy that I learn salsa dancing. When I worked for a cosmetic company, I came to the point that I didn't have a life and I did not sit around mourning, I took action. I figured out what activity/sport I could do with a little preparation and I could do it at night after work. Salsa dancing came up thanks to my Japanese friend I met in Sydney and the TV Show, So You Think You Can Dance. I started it. Struggled, Giving up at least 3 times, Dancing more. Keep doing and eventually, it becomes my hobby. I have sticked around for years now...a little bit on and off at times. Salsa gives me a new circle of friends, new experience with people in a small community and of course, new salsa moves :-)

3)  I'm happy that I learn SCUBA diving. Within 6 months I after I learned salsa, I decided to learn SCUBA diving thanks to the trip to Sharm El Sheilk in Egypt. I traveled to many amazing dives and saw wonderful under water creatures and made and knew many new friends. Experience with diving is ace eventhough it's pricy and tough at times :-)